HTML Stands for Hypertext Markup Language.
- Hypertext: Text used to link a Web Page.
- Markup: It means highlighting text either by underlining or displaying it in different colors or both.
- Language: It refers to the way of communication between webpages , which has its own syntax and rules.
- HTML is a Markup Language.
- Markup Language is a set of markup Tags.
- Markup Tags also called HTML Tags.
- HTML is not a Programming Language.
- Markup Language designed for the presentation of text.
- HTML is about Displaying Data.
- HTML is not a Case Sensitive Language means uppercase and lowercase letters both have same meaning.
- HTML tags are predefine.
HTML Documents known as Web Pages. HTML Documents consist of
- Simple text (Plain Text) and
- Markup Tags ( also known as HTML Tags).
- WWW(World Wide Web) is Noting but a Vast Collection of HTML Files.
- HTML Files simply Text Files (including HTML Tags) that can be easily read and understood by Human eyes.
- Web Browsers interpret HTML Files in order to Display Web Pages. This is the main Function of Web Browser.
- Whenever you use a Browser to veiw Page on World Wide Web, the Browser had converted that Web Page from an HTML File.
- The First Version was HTML 2.0 . It includes elements like Bold, italics etc. It did not support Tables or ALIGN attributes.
- HTML3 was developed in 1995.
- HTML 3.2 was next Offical Version support for TABLES, IMAGES , HEADING and other elements that is ALIGN attributes etc. Missing some of the Netscape/Microsoft extensions such as FRAMES , ENBED , APPLET.
- It is easy to understand and can be easily modified.
- It provides a flexible way to design the webpage alon with the text.
- HTML documents can be displayed on any platform such as UNIX etc.
- Effective Presentation can be made with all formatting effects.
- Videos,Graphics,Sound can also be used to give attractive look to the Web Pages.